About the Journal
Focus and Scope
FOE publishes articles containing the results of original theoretical and empirical research in the area of social sciences: economics and finance, management, spatial economics. Policy related and review articles are also welcome as well as organized forms of discussion on specific topics.
- Articles are subject to pre-qualification by field editors.
- Editors directs the qualified texts to at least two independent reviewers from outside of the institution of the author's affiliation.
- In the process of reviewing the "double-blind" principle is respected.
- Based on reviews and Author's response FOE editors make final decision.
The review form contains 11 criteria for the evaluation of articles submitted to FOE:
- The paper is consistent with the profile of FOE.
- Title accurately reflects the content of the paper.
- The paper applies the scientific problem that has been well presented in it.
- Scientific problem described in this paper is up to date.
- The paper refers to a widely recognized theory or literature.
- The paper clearly poses the research question (goal), and it is logical.
- The paper presents a reliable concept of the research and uses appropriate research tools.
- The paper is innovative in terms of methodology and substantive.
- The article is correctly structured (formulation of the problem, hypothesis, solution, conclusions, references, literature).
- The abstract accurately reflects the content of the paper.
- The paper is correct in terms of language.
Each criterion is accompanied by two boxes (list box and text box "Comments"). At the end of the form, there is an additional text box "Final comment". The Reviewer evaluates the extent to which article meets every criterion - fully, partially or poorly - pointing to the adequate item in the list box. Any comment on the degree of compliance with the criterion may be added in the "Comment" box. Any other comments can be entered in the "Final comment" box. After completing the form, the reviewer indicates the appropriate recommendation in the list box:
- Accept Submission
- Revisions Required
- Resubmit for Review
- Resubmit Elsewhere
- Decline Submission
- See Comments
Established in 1980 by the University of Lodz, Folia Oeconomica is a scientific journal (ISSN 0208-6018, eISSN 2353-7663, DOI 11089/210). It is intended to publish articles containing the results of original theoretical and empirical research in all the disciplines of economic sciences, i.e. economics, finance, the science of management and science of commodities. Policy related and review articles are also welcome as well as organized forms of discussion on specific topics.